Years are marked as Res, which stands for Restoration, referencing the restoration of a continuous written history following the destruction of all written records. There’s no standardized convention for anything before Res and any date before 1Res is an imprecise approximation.
- c. -80Res – Barbarians come to northern Ardune.
- c. -40Res – Barbarians come to Eora.
- c. -30Res – Eora becomes ‘the Raid-Lands,’ agriculture is destroyed on the Borders, and there is chaos all across what is now the Marchlandes.
- c. -20Res – Temporary victories against the barbarians by the Kingdom of Ardune, the barbarians in northern Ardune are vassalized, while the barbarians of Eora are given three cities which today make up the Barbarism.
- c. -5Res – The wars resume, and the east is utterly ravaged.
- 1Res – Fire of Reason/Fire of Vanities.
- 2Res – March 19th – Oath of Ageutia, in which three of the marches (including Ageutia) declare independence and begin the War of Separation.
- 4Res – First recorded use of half-plate.
- 12Res – Ardune ravages several neutral and loyal domains in the east in a stupid military blunder, who then promptly swear the Oath of Brothers (June 7th) and join the War of Separation, officially forming the Marchlandes.
- 14Res – Meedhalers defeat barbarians and build the fortress of Atitia near the site of victory.
- 15Res – Beginning of trade with Skygar and Oeft.
- 27Res – Battle of the Frozen River.
- 33Res – Crossbow invented at Endhis.
- 36Res – Plate harness first recorded.
- 39Res – Battle of Fallen Oaks.
- 40Res – Treaty of Ageutia.
- 41Res – November 1st – The first annual March-meet is held in Ageutia.
- 52Res – Trade with Asy established.
- 87Res – First mention of the orcs.
- 91Res – Orcs invade, overrun northern Marchlandes. Fortresses are established on the Walls.
- 107Res – Battle of the Black Banners.
- 115Res – Orc migrations resume.
- 117Res – Paros the Golden assumes role of Dictator of All Ageutia.
- 120Res – Night of the Bills in Aguetia overthrows the House of Golden and democracy is reestablished.
- 121Res – Current year.